Monday, September 9, 2013

Brick Red



When we lived in Spokane, we would often see Victorian-style homes with a beautiful red accent wall. We loved the way it looked. 

Since that time we have vowed that one day, we, too, would have a red accent wall in our home. (With white trim, of course!) 

And now, we do! 

We spent the day on Saturday -- from 7:30am-11:59pm -- working on our kitchen. Our kitchen was once bright yellow, with an "interesting" paint job around the trim. I have wanted to paint it since we moved in 5 years ago, we just never did. 

Before: 

But yesterday we mustered the strength to get the job done. (I forgot to take pictures of the disaster-zone while in the process.) It was a fast and furious job, and Charles once again proved he is a painting-master! I also have to mention HE was the one who picked the right color of "Brick Red". 

Out with the yellow, and in with the tan and red... 

After: 




Before: 

After: 



I LOVE IT! 

Now our house feels like Christmas all year round! It is warm, cozy, and magical . . . just how I like it. 

Thanks to the perfect red accent wall, I feel like the magic of Spokane's South Hill is right here with me in Idaho. 


4 comments: