Monday, September 30, 2013

Heavenly Autumn


I love this time of year. It is one of my favorites! I think October is one of the most beautiful times to get outside, and see the beauty of the season. I love to see the beautiful colors, I love wearing a jacket, and I love having everyone come home to get warm and cozy.

The other day I made pumpkin bread for the kids, and the scrumptious smell filled the air. When Sammi came home from school, she ran in the door and said (and I quote), "Mom, what is that amazing smell?" She then ran into the kitchen, found the bread, and said, "Mom, I just love it when you bake."

It was a simple moment, but I felt a strong sense of joy. I am not always the picture-perfect mom (whatever that is?!), but every now-and-again, I do something that makes me feel like a good mom. And in those moments, I am "paid" for my efforts as a mother.

It is amazing how powerful baked-goods can be. I know they are not good for you, but they sure warm the heart, and cause a smile across the face of the children as they burst in the door after school. There is something particularly good about the smell of pumpkin bread . . . wow, so yummy!

These kiddos are definitely worth the effort I put in as their Mother! I am so grateful they are mine to snuggle, love, and keep warm when it is cold. I am a lucky Mama.

I feel Heaven blessed.

2 comments:

  1. this IS the best time of year, i love it!! AMEN.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pictures at the top! This time of year is awesome for sure. :)

    ReplyDelete