Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Tired of Sick


I have been sick for a month. At this point, it is driving me CRAZY! It started as a sickness-party, with everyone in the family. We were all coughing, snotty, and gross for a few weeks, and then everyone else got better -- but not me. I seemed to have gotten the worst of it. From the middle of the night coughing spells, and total exhaustion, I have felt awful for too long now.

And then on Sunday, while my cough began tapering-off, my throat began to hurt, and I noticed my tonsils were streaked with white. Ick. Today my glands are swollen, my throat hurts, and my tonsils look disgusting, and I am tired. Very tired.

Last week, I thought I was getting better, and so I went for a run. I was OK when I was out running, but when I got home I started coughing like crazy.

Anyway, I have not been able to really exercise for weeks now, and it is driving me nuts. I am SO ready to be WHOLE again! I was feeling so fantastic physically, and then one day about a month ago, I could tell there was something wrong because my lungs began to feel heavy, and I kept feeling weaker, and weaker, and then sure enough -- I was sick.

The sickness has been long, drawn-out, and LAME. But when is sick ever fun? NEVER! It has just been so frustrating, because right when I thought I was feeling better, more sick came along to keep me company. Aargh!

I know no one wants to read about this. Being sick is lame and boring, and BLAH. But I am recording it anyway, so that I can remember to be grateful when I feel fabulous again! And I WILL feel fabulous again!

Here's to good health!

3 comments:

  1. Time for some antibiotics...there's some infection (based upon your description) that needs to be taken care of.

    --Dr. Lindquist

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blah.........that sucks big time. Here's to better days ahead.

    ReplyDelete