Friday, November 16, 2012

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year

 Our house is turning into a Christmas dream, thanks to Grandma's hard work and determination. There was a moment when I was unwrapping ornaments, and the song, "I'll be home for Christmas," was playing in the background, and a tear fell from my eye.  I realized in that moment that I will be home for Christmas . . . just like the ones I used to know. Just like the Christmas I grew up with . . . filled with the magic only my mother can create. (Which also means at least 4 Christmas trees!) I feel blessed to have my parents here, doing their thing, for us all to enjoy. We are so excited for this holiday season . . . may it bring joy into your hearts and homes! 

Christmas is all about light. 
As Daniel said, "There is something that just feels special about Christmas time -- it makes you feel warm inside." I think there is something about the extra light in the home . . . it invites the Spirit in abundance. 
My mother is an artist. 

 She spent last Christmas on a mission living in a ghetto apartment. 
She is in heaven being able to be creative . . . and she is a master at it. 

She could get a job as a Christmas Tree decorator . . . for sure! 
The house is becoming magic . . . and we are not finished! 
Now to plan a party! 
Henry is loving the lights of Christmas, but was not too thrilled about shopping for decorations . . . 

Not too thrilled . . . 
At all. 


2 comments:

  1. your house looks awesome! you've got a good mama....send her our way, we could use some help over here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You weren't kidding about your mom and Christmas.....It looks Beautiful!! About that party, we'll be waiting for an invite. ;)

    ReplyDelete