Friday, October 12, 2012

VP Debate

We watched the Vice Presidential debate last night. It was . . . interesting.

We were so engrossed and distracted -- by the political antics of Biden -- that Charles left a boiling pot of water on the stove, until the water evaporated, and the metal began to melt!! (Sorry, Mom! It was a nice pot!) 

Those circles are melted metal. 
  I was so distracted by Biden's weird political-performance, that I totally messed up the scarf I was working on . . . nuts! Thanks a lot, Joe! 
 That pretty much sums up how I felt about the debate . . . it was messy. Very messy.

 However, I thought Ryan did a fantastic job. (Of course I thought that -- I'm voting for Romney!) It was the first time I had really seen him in action. Very nicely done. It was amazing how he handled himself -- calmly and rationally -- while Joe was thrashing around next to him, making rude (and bizarre) faces/noises. You can always count on Joe for a show, that is for sure. It was a strange dynamic between the two of them, but it made it fascinating to watch. 

It will be interesting . . . these next few weeks. 

It may be that I am just a grown-up now, and I care about politics in America . . . but it seems to me there is a lot at stake this time. Perhaps more than ever before. I wonder what will happen come November 7th? I honestly get a little sick in my gut when I think about it. I am not sure why? It is also strange to me that it is so divided down the middle . . . is it really 50% Democrat, 50% Republican? (Give or take a few very important percentages.) Why are we so closely divided as a Nation? It is concerning, to be sure. 

But, come November 7th, we will either have 4 more years of what we have already had -- or we will make history, and have the first Mormon President of the United States. That is huge. It gives me butterflies just considering it. I will be honest . . . I think a Mormon in the White House would be amazing. And those who may fear some strange Mormon take-over, need not worry. We love America, we are very patriotic, we uphold the Constitution, and we believe -- most strongly -- in the freedom of religion, for everyone

I keep hearing that Mitt Romney is "uniquely qualified" for the task at hand. Maybe, maybe not. But I, for one, would like to test that idea, and see what a successful man of business (and a Mormon) can do in the White House, in a time of great economic and moral turmoil. 

Will America give him that chance? We shall see . . . 

Make sure and tune into the Presidential debate next week. It should be a good one! Looking forward to it! However, I think we should skip trying to multi-task -- doing projects and watching politics -- and just focus our attention on one thing at a time. Just look at what happens when you focus on politics instead of projects . . . you get a big mess! The proof is in my mangled scarf, melted metal, and the current economy! 

1 comment:

  1. Bummer about your scarf and pot. First of all, I'm so impressed YOU are knitting. I had no idea that you had that hidden talent. Way to go! I'd love to see some of your final products. Maybe you could knit me a head band for winter (hint, hint!) : )

    I was also impressed w/ the way Ryan held his composure and remained calm while Biden kept interrupting and laughing. This will be an interesting year for voters. I feel the same way as you described about America and the next 4 years. Go Romney!!!!!!

    Kary

    ReplyDelete