Friday, November 1, 2013

The Day of the Dead

Did you know that November 1st is the Day of the Dead? I learned that while watching a youtube video of a guy in Disneyland, describing the display they have there, celebrating this day. It is a day to remember those who have passed away, you celebrate their life, and the things that they loved. Today is a big deal in some Countries. 

I thought today would be a great day to share the pictures my mother took for me of a Cemetery they visited, while they were traveling the East Coast. I love Cemeteries. They can be so beautiful, and so interesting. My love for cemeteries came along with my love of Family History. I have visited a few recently in Utah, in search of ancestors. One day I would love to go East to try and find Charles' ancestors. 

As I have done family history, some of the sting of death has been taken away from me. The reality is, I probably have more friends on the other side than I do here! What a comfort it is to get to know those who have gone before me. I know there will be open arms for me when my time comes to journey into the next stage of life. Hopefully when I am 115 years old! 

To celebrate the Day of the Dead, I am going to do an extra batch of Family History Indexing. I have done it every day now for over 2 months. It has been wonderful. I am almost to 2000 names, just by doing 1 batch a day. (10 minutes of my time!) 

Take a moment today and think of those who have passed on. And know that one day you will absolutely see them again! What a joyful thought that is! 

Enjoy the pictures! Check out the size of some of those headstones! Wow! 

I have often wondered what words would be carved on my headstone after I am gone. What will be said of me when my mortal journey is complete? What will be said of you? I better shape-up so people will remember me fondly, eh? :-) 


















No comments:

Post a Comment